Monday 6 July 2015

Vincent Valentine - opposites attract



A/N:  the last sequel to can you break a heart that isn't beating, expect some fluffy goodness. Final Fantasy does not belong to me, only Luna and the plot.

Summary : Days passed as Luna sat quietly around the mansion awaiting Vincents return. Yet as the sun rises and sets each day, there was no sign of him. That however is until she makes up her mind to search for him and bring him home.

* * *

Luna had lost track of how long she sat waiting for him to come back. Hours had turned to days, days to weeks. She sighed out as she looked out the front door. The weather was terrible, the rain lashing at the mansion in torrents. The cold breeze sending a chill through her bones as she pouted slightly.

'Where are you Vinny... where are you hiding?' She mused to herself as she walked through the mansion once more, back to his room where she glanced around until a small chest hidden under his bed caught her attention.

Luna was not one who would miss small things that were out of place. The shadow it cast gave it away as she nimbly pulled it out. It was held closed by a simple latch which she flicked open. Her finger tips danced gently over some of the items and photographs it contained. A folder right at the bottom was what caught her attention. Picking it up she flipped it open, eyes widening at the familiar writing that covered the pages.

As she read through the contents she felt her heart stop. 'He... He is just like me, my polar opposite, she saved him with her research. Told him everything that had happened to him... He knew what he was all along.' She spoke softly as she flung the folder on his bed and sprinted out his room.

In her room she grabbed a trench coat and slipped on her boots, ignoring her flimsy dress she wore underneath. She ran head on into the storm, her long hair sticking to her pale skin as the rain lashed at her. It stung her skin, pricking like needle stabs , blinded her. She ran straight to the one place she knew she would find him, the one place he had taken her not so long ago.

Luna ran faster, tripping over her feet as she did. Her coat was drenched and heavy, her dress clinging to her form and her boots sloshed through the mud. She wasn't sure how long she had run for, yet she was grateful when she finally saw the cave.

Silently she entered the cave walking around until she found the crystal that held her sister. She looked around carefully feeling her heart drop more and more with each passing second.  She walked around until she saw a familiar boot. Her heart stopped. "Vincent?" She breathed out as she rushed to him.

She watched as his eyes widened when he saw her. Yet soon after her vision blurred as tears fell freely down her cheeks. "Vincent!" She spoke, her voice more certain as she fell down next to him hugging tightly.

"Don't ever leave me like that, please. I was so worried about you when you didn't return. I... I found the folder Lucrecia left for you, I am so sorry about what she did, but my sister would never just let someone she cared for fade away if she knew she could stop it. And I'm the same... I don't want you to fade away, I want you by me." Her voice cracked as she looked up at him.

"Do you really mean what you say?" He looked at her, his arm around her, holding her gently as he tried to cover her with his cloak as best as he could.

She nodded. "I am your polar opposite. I never wanted to be the way I am, but I am grateful for it, because it gave me the opportunity to meet you." She gave him a smile that seemed to melt him.

Vincent pulled her closer, resting his head against hers as for the first time he felt truly content. "If it is your wish, I will never leave your side." His voice was low as he hugged her to him protectively. " if it is your wish, I will protect you with all that I am." He smiled a small smile down at her, "because I love you."

Luna felt her heart beat rapidly in her chest as she smiled, the feeling of joy over whelmed her as she kissed Vincent trying to convey all her emotions to him. " And I love you, so very much." She whispered against his lips.

* * *
~Extended ending~

Luna lay comfortably against the warm chest of her husband as he spoke softly of his time as a Turk. She chuckled as he told her about her sister and about his own parents. She smiled and laughed softly as she listened to everything he told her. She curled up and gently kissed his shoulder as he nuzzled her hair affectionately.

"Still I cannot believe how lucky I am to have someone like you by my side." He smiled gently when Luna looked up at him and kissed him.

"I couldn't agree more with you, my love."


No comments:

Post a Comment